Monday, February 28, 2011

More ideas.




Another spagetti jar idea. I found some clear stickers that came in sheets at a local craft store and each sheet had milestones for different year's on them. Of course I went through them and found the milestone's for space related year's so I used them on a jar to make a 'trivia jar.' I filled it with sand so the lettering would stickout more and then added some flowers to dress it up a bit. I think I want to add a little more sand to it though.
Another idea I got when making some juice for Heidi. I used to throw away the frozen juice containers that have the round metal lids on each end of them (walmart brand are great. easy to take apart.) I just take the metal rings off from the cardboard lining and wash them off. Then Glue a favorite picture in the inside to make a framed look. Then glue a magnet on the back and voila, a super cute picture magnet for the fridge. It would also make a great ornament! So you got yummy juice and two picture art for around $2.00. :D

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I have a huge stack of juice lids. We have used them for medals for an Olympics type game. I also started a Christmas project with them last year, but didn't finish it. I like the picture frame idea too. There's so many uses for them. I buy frozen juice just for the lids :)

Stacy said...

P.S. The trivia jar turned out great too!

Kelly said...

That's an awesome idea for Olympic medal's. How fun!

Laurie said...

good ideas!