Saturday, October 15, 2011

Book bin

This is something I found at a rummage sale in Carrington after Junkfest. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I liked it and at a dollar I couldn't let it sit. I wish I would have taken a before picture because it was rather ugly, but I get excited and get going on projects right away sometimes. So imagine it before as an ugly brown wood shelf.

One of my favorite thrifty tips is to check out the "mis-mixed" paint in paint departments. I found this great gallon of paint called Colonial Cream at Wal-mart for half off the original price. I used that color on this book bin, then sanded some edges to give it a shabby look. I spent a long time deciding on a rub-on to put on the front, but finally settled on the little girl and saying. Originally, I wanted to put this in the bathroom for magazines, but this will now be going in Cordelia's room.



1 comment:

Laurie said...

another great result.