Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Orange and Pineapple Salad

This should be tripled because it doesn't make enough. It came out of a recipe book for kids. YUM! I know I have had this as a kid and memories of childhood came back. Heidi loves it. I think me using the rainbow colored mini marshmallows helped make it prettier and more fun for her. Oh also, I didn't toast the coconut. I just mixed it in.

1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks (juice drained)

1/2 cup mini marshmallows

1/2 cup light dairy sour cream

1 11 ounce can of mandarin orange sections. (drained)

1 tablespoon coconut, toasted

1. In a medium bowl, stir together pineapple chunks, mini marshmallows and light dairy sour cream. Gently fold in mandarin oranges.

2. Cover and chill the salad for 2 to 24 hours. Before serving, sprinkle with the coconut.

No comments: