Saturday, August 9, 2008

More bumps and bruises

Today was a normal Saturday in that we didn't get going very fast. I wanted to get to Wal-Mart before the rain, but we didn't make it. We hung around the house awhile, but the rain continued all day. And it was a nice rain, which we really needed. So finally we loaded up and went to Wal-Mart. As I was getting Cordelia in the cart, Torii slipped and fell. I didn't see it, he was already getting off the ground when I looked back at him. I thought Rion had pushed him because they were so wild today, but he wasn't by Torii. There was water on the ground, but Torii wasn't running around or anything so I'm not sure how he fell. Anyway, he bit his lip really good. He didn't want to show me, but I could see blood. My first thought was, "Oh no, I'm going to the ER with another kid with a broken tooth." We went to the bathroom and he didn't want me to wash it either. He kept telling me "Don't look at me." Tonight it swelled up pretty good. It's even a little black and blue. And his chin is black and blue. I hope it still looks like that when Laurie comes in tomorrow. He looks pretty rough. (And all that other stuff on his face is just chocolate he didn't wash off after his treat tonight).

The other picture is Cordelia climbing. This was the pre-tooth incident. I had to take the picture fast because I was sure she was going to fall straight back. Her tooth accident hasn't stopped her any. She's still climbing.




1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Cordelia is getting so big. Poor Torii trying to be tough about it, I bet it really hurt. Ouch!