Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My new cruiser!

I am so excited to show you all my new bike!!! I looked up the serial number and found out it's a 1974 Schwinn Breeze ladies bike. It's also banana yellow!! haha. It has three gears. I'm really stoked about my new find! My roommate Nicola actually hooked me up with it (she's really into biking). How nice of her!
I really want to restore it. I kind of wish I was at home so dad could help me! What a fun project! Right now, I have to get its rear brake fixed. That seems to be the only major problem with it. I'm also looking for a basket because I'm pretty sure it had a wicker one in the front. I'd also like to get a a new chain and gears. It definitely has some rust on it... oh well :)
Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!






Bike registration that expired in '78

3 comments:

Kelly said...

what a fun and cute bike! Enjoy and hope you get to restore it sometime. Will you keep it the cute banana yellow?

Stacy said...

Sweet ride!

Laurie said...

definitely staying banana yellow! :)