Friday, December 21, 2007

Home Sweet Home!!!




Brian and I made it to Jamestown before the storm. The roads were just fine and it was a nice drive.
We just finished with the rehearsel dinner tonight for brian's cousin, Austin, who is getting married tommorow. Soooo, if you thought our wedding was crazy.......they had at least 450 people RSVP to the dinner and dance!! Also, they have the same band we did. Backstage Pass will be there!! Exciting!! This is going to be one long night. Brian is currently drinking with Austin at the hotel in a party room with some more family members and I am taking this chance of a nice quiet rest of the evening of relaxation. Brian wanted me to go and, yes I would love to visit but I finally have a moment of, doing nothing. I love it, for the meantime.


Brian and I knew we were getting close to home, when we suddenly realized the temp outside was dropping and there's frost everywhere and, I can't forget, less trees. Ha ha. We heard on the radio that the temp for tonight with the wind chill is going to feel like -25. Brrrrrr. I called my friend Megan in Wisconsin and told her the temp and she couldn't believe it. Megan and I talked for at least an hour or more today and I already miss her so much. I said all my goodbye's to everyone at work and it was hard. I love everyone there. Oh and Laurie......Kristine says "You're more than welcome for the room." She said it's the least she can do. What a sweetheart. Oh and Laurie, do you remember what I got for Kristine with the Office Space flare? Guess What? She gave me her Red Swingline Stapler from her office as a going away reminder. I told her I will keep it in my new office at the Hilton (that is if I have one) and it will always remind me of our crazy "Office Space" moments at work.


Well, don't want to talk to much otherwise we will have nothing to talk about! Tommorow we have pictures with all the family members starting at 1pm and then the wedding starts at 4:30pm. I thought about the show "Fawlty Towers" today and thought about, the Major on the show. From the episode "Basil the Rat," I remembered a line from The Major when brian and I were talking about the wedding "The Germans, their everywhere." Ha ha!!! I thought you you would like that dad.


Anyway, we will be having the Gross Christmas on sunday here at the hotel and then Christmas Eve we are doing Meredith's side of the family. Busy, busy. We will be home Sunday evening sometime. I hope to get home asap. I can't wait to see everyone. See you soon!


Merry Christmas


Love, Kelly & Brian


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Did you get Kristine the box of flair from Urban Outfitters? I almost got that for Laurie. Can't wait to you see you guys. Have a safe trip.

Kelly said...

I think I got it at Urban or Pop Deluxe. We did so much shopping that day I don't remember. Laurie was right though, there was 15 pieces of flare (the minimum). See you soon!