Monday, August 13, 2007

Chokecherry pickers



A couple of weekends ago we went to mom and dad's and picked chokecherries. Their trees were loaded. Fred Rion quit early and left to play. Torii was funny, because he would put one chokecherry in his bucket and then empty it into the big pail.
I got some prints made of the pictures from Kelly's cd she sent. I did it on Walmart.com and picked them up later. It worked pretty slick. I had to do a couple more pages in Torii's scrapbook and my vacation pictures weren't as good as Kelly's.
We didn't do too much this weekend. Yesterday was so nice. It almost felt like fall. The kids had fun feeding Maggie this weekend. They played with their airplanes Grandpa bought every time we went out there. I got some major cleaning done this weekend. I think I might be going through my nesting period now. (That's when you're pregnant and you start to clean like crazy because of the new baby on the way). I had to force myself to sit down and take a break because I just wanted to keep cleaning. I took this afternoon off and I'm going to continue on the kids' room. I have to make some room for the crib. I also got some cucumbers from one of the neighbors so if I feel like it today I might try to make some refrigerator pickles.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Have you thought about trying choke cherry jam or jelly? I would have loved a nice bunch of choke cherry's to try. Maybe another year I will. , Oh stacy, by the way, thank you so much for the picture cd, there's so many fun pics on it. Thanks. :-)

Laurie said...

mmmm chokecherries! yum! Looks like the boys had fun :)