Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April Fools

I was going to do this on April 1st, but it just didn't happen. So I did it tonight finally. The kids thought it was fun.
For dinner tonight they got to choose:
cupcakes

or chicken nuggets with peas and carrots and mashed potatoes and gravy.

Gee, I wonder what they picked?

They, of course, picked the cupcakes which actually is meatloaf and mashed potatoes with food coloring. The other meal is all junk food. The chicken nuggets are a peanut butter candy, kind of like a Butterfinger. Peas and carrots are Sixlets. And the mashed potatoes and gravy is ice cream with caramel sauce.

Torii would not touch the fake mashed potatoes and gravy. He did discover the peas and carrots quickly. I took video but it's a couple of minutes long so it would take more time than I'm willing to wait to upload to the blog. It was pretty funny.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

that is so cool! I couldn't tell the difference! Where did you get the idea? I love it.

Laurie said...

haha NICE! that is really awesome :P

Stacy said...

I was looking for April Fools ideas for the MOPS newsletter and came across this online. There were a lot more ideas that I will have to try next year. I think it was on www.familyfun.com