Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One more recipe

This was something I tried for Easter. Everyone really liked it.

Place one stick of softened unsalted butter in a bowl and stir in the chosen flavor(see below). Transfer butter onto a sheet of wax paper. Fold edge over butter, and roll into a log, lengthwise. Twist ends of wax paper in opposite directions to seal. Chill for at least an hour before cutting. Butter will stay fresh in the fridge for three weeks.

For a versatile flavor: Add one tablespoon grated citrus rind.
For a savory flavor: Add three cloves of garlic minced, and one tablespoon of chopped chives.
For a sweet flavor: Add one tablespoon of cinnamon, honey or maple syrup.

I made the savory flavor, which was really good and the honey flavor. I also want to try the other sweet flavors. I've only had them on buns and bread, but the directions say they would also be good with pasta and grilled fish. It would be fun to experiment with different meals and maybe even add some other things to the butter.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You guys are making me hungry!!!! I'm in the library(being very studious) and you guys are making it hard to stay here when all I want to do now is EAT! :P

Stacy said...

You can't be too studious if you're checking out the blog. Get back to studying!