Saturday, April 28, 2007

Auction

Today I tried to do some rummage sales with the kids, but that didn't go too well. Then we got the oil changed on the Blazer and then went to see the grandparents at an auction. I guess a 23 year old girl bought everything that was at the auction for $800. There was so much stuff, I can't believe she got it for that. The big item was a Nazi napkin with the initals AH on it and the eagle that dad said was only on Adolf Hitler's personal items. The napkin sold for $21,000! Now why can't I find a bunch of "junk" for cheap and then make a mint off of it? But I didn't see too much at the auction. I missed a pin that I really wanted and it went cheap. We weren't going to stay long but the boys were being so good that we stuck around for quite awhile. I would go to more auctions if they always were going to be that good. And dad was talking to Sarah Williams about Laurie, but that's all he said to me so I don't know what was said. You should go to an auction with him. I think he has ADD. He doesn't sit still.

I've watched parts of the Twins/Tigers games this weekend. Going for the sweep tomorrow. Laurie- I like Pudge too. I've liked him ever since he started playing. He's one of my favorite nonTwin players. Just wish he didn't play for the Tigers now.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Please tell me that the Nazi napkin was a cloth one and not paper for $21,000! That's insane.