Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weekend in Detroit

Hey everyone! I spent the last two days in Detroit with Lesley. We went to the Tiger's game on Friday and then the Zoo today. The Twins won 11-1!! Joe Mauer hit his first career grand slam. It was pretty exciting! It was fun to be one of the only twins fans there :) Comerica Park is really nice. I also saw Ford Field, which is just across the street from the ballpark. There were also fireworks after the game. Good time. I think we are planning to go to another game in August :)
The Zoo was a lot of fun. It was big, and really pretty. Some of the coolest exhibits were the Arctic Circle, The Outback Trail, The Butterfly House, and the Rain Forest House. The Arctic Circle is neat because you walk into a building that is basically an underground aquarium, and you can see the seals and polar bears swimming above you. The Outback trail featured kangaroos that roam freely in the trail. The Butterfly House is beautiful. It's pretty much a huge greenhouse-like building that has different species of butterflies that fly around the flowers and plants inside. Pretty much one huge garden.... grandma would have really enjoyed it. The rain forest house was really neat because when you walked inside of it, it was really humid and moist. It looked and felt just like a rain forest... or what I would think a rain forest would be like. This exhibit had a sloth inside of it:)
This weekend was really fun, and I'm glad I got our of Allendale for a few days:) If only I could come home now!! Oh well :) For now it's back to the daily grind.....

This is the ferris wheel that Lesley and I rode in the park.


Lesley and I.... I wish I had a better picture of the field, but maybe next time when I have my camera


These statues are at the main entrance into Comerica park. Very cool...and kind of intimidating.



The Zoo..

Lions, Tigers, and Bears....




This is a baby zebra with her mother. The baby is one week old! Sooo cute :)


I loved the Amphibian house!!!

This froggie faces two other frogs that spit out water. I had to fight the little kids off of them to get a picture. lol.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the pictures!! Looks like it was fun to get out of town for a bit. The ride looks cute and fun.

Stacy said...

I was going to call you back to see if you saw the Mauer grand slam. That was pretty cool.

Torii would like the zoo especially the rainforest part. He watches Diego all the time. He would love the sloth and would probably tell you a story about the sloth.