Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day


This weekend we went to Andrew's and AJ's graduation open houses. We have been waiting forever for some rain and of course this was the day it decided to rain. Andrew's party was outside so we didn't stay long. Then we went to AJ's at the Seven Seas. The boys were anxious to get there because they knew they were going swimming. They have a really nice pool for little kids. Later, the conversation turned to hypnosis and dad showed everyone how to lift someone through hypnosis. We always did this at slumber parties. AJ really had to think about how this was possible. It was a good time.
The other day I was walking towards our front door and something was falling towards me and almost hit me in the head. It fell on the ground and I almost stepped on it. I looked down and it was a baby bird. When I got to the porch another baby bird was there and he just ran from me. There were a few baby birds out, learning how to fly. It was fun to watch. The one on the porch wasn't going anywhere so I snapped some pictures.





I worked this morning. I saw the flyover from the Veteran's Cemetery ceremony. I left work just after 1:00 when the Memorial Day ceremony was also getting done. It took me a half an hour to get past the Veteran's Cemetery. They actually stopped the traffic on Hwy 1806 to let people out. It's hard to tell from the picture, but there are cars lined all the way up the hill. There were so many motorcycles there too. I think the Freedom Riders always take part in the Memorial Day ceremony. It was a yucky rainy morning, but it looked like they still had a good turnout.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun pictures. Memories are popping back from doing light as feather stiff as a bone hypnosis routine. That was always fun. Is "Light as a feather," when you're laying down though? I don't remember. Did you get to see the flyover? Brian was wondering if they did it again this year, there's nothing like that around here unfortunatly.

Laurie said...

looks like everyone had a god weekend in nodak. I forgot how that hypnosis thing goes. I remember doing it, but that's about it. Fun pictures :)