Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fudgy Mocha-Toffee Brownies

These brownies are soooooooo good. Thick and gooey. I got this recipe from Cooking Light. They have the best desserts. I copied and paste the recipe from their website and read the reviews and have to agree with one thing. I only had an 8X8 pan like most people so I would increase the baking time by 3-5 minutes. My brownies weren't quite done in the middle so I will do just that next time. And I will probably be making another batch this weekend. It's nice that these recipes come from Cooking Light, but they are so good that I keep making them and eating too many sweets. Oh well.

Ingredients
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4 cup toffee chips
Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine coffee granules and 1/4 cup hot water, stirring until the coffee granules dissolve.
Combine butter and semisweet chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until butter melts; stir until chocolate is smooth.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla extract, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coffee mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips. Bake at 350° for 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

that sounds so good. I'll have to try them. I love brownies, especially if they are fudgy. Mmmm.

Laurie said...

yum!