Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday night football

We are starting a Monday Night Football tradition of sorts. I saw this from a reader's tip in a magazine and thought it was a great idea. On Monday nights we (and I really mean me) are planning our dinners around the home team of that night's game. They usually show food from the area during games and we always say that sure looks good. So this might end those mouth watering moments. I've been trying to figure out some of the upcoming games and it's been fun looking for new recipes based on a city. Tonight there are actually two games for opening weekend, but we are going just with the Minn/Green Bay game. Since it's in Green Bay we are having Brats (Johnsonville Stadium Brats) and Deep Fried Cheese Curds. I wish I could really make it authentic and wash it down with a Miller Lite, but I still have a few weeks before that can happen. Next week is Dallas I believe so we are having Tex-Mex, but I haven't decided exactly what.

Deep Fried Cheese Curds

2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb cheese curds
oil for frying

Mix milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Coat the cheese curds. Deep fry in the oil until golden, taking care to only fry a few at a time.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a really good idea. I'll have to remember that if we ever have a football night with friends. I can't wait to try the cheesecurds.

Laurie said...

yum! I love cheesecurds :) thanks!