Friday, February 1, 2008

Finally!

Today I had my third interview at Lowe's and they hired me as a full-time sales floor associate in the Home Decor section. The pay is resonable and it's full time (more pay than what the Hilton had to offer me). Next week is Orientation and they will call me on Monday to set it up with me. I finally decided to give The Hilton the boot. I have called and emailed several times to ask the manager about training on Monday Feb. 4th and what time it starts. I haven't heard anything from him and it's to the point of being rediculous, and a waste of my time. I have also left a message to the manager at the Hilton about filling out the proper forms to get paid training, ummm, I haven't even done that yet. Suspicious?
Anyhow, the manager at Lowe's asked me several times on what I would do if the Hilton were to call me back for a job. I told them I would tell them no, I have already accepted a full time position at another company. I have tried many times to contact him and if he really would like me to be apart of his team, he would of called sooner. I may have a little dissapointment that I couldn't get in sooner but maybe relieved that I won't be working for a general manager who is so un-effiecient.
So, bottom line. I will starte sometime early next week at Lowe's fulltime and the Hilton can bite me. Ha ha! Oh, and brian's company who is a HUGE contact for the Hilton (from the grapevine) isn't to pleased on how the Hilton has been working and not to sure of they're loyalty. So, they better do some kissing up to INL for business.
Any plans for the superbowl? Brian and I have been invited to Dr. Howe's house for a party. I think I might bring some spinich dip, that's always a big hit. So we will be at Brian's boss's house partying, and some other people I met will be there so it should be a goodtime.
Not much else going on. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm glad you got on at Lowe's. Maybe it is for the best. You're right, if this is how the Hilton treats you now, would it be any different when you would work there? One word of warning. You will want to spend all your money at Lowe's because you will always see things that you want. (Gotta fill up that nice big place you have now). Hope you like it at Lowe's.

Today I bought all kinds of snacks for Sunday. We are just staying home and eating and relaxing. So who you got? I'm for the Giants, but think the Patriots will win. Have fun.

Laurie said...

good news! :)